Copyright © ES2007S blog BY Ramon (Jae)
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, November 10, 2012

Reflection on Oral Presentation



After all of our hard work, the presentation ends well. So far, this is one of the best presentations I have ever done. It is also the presentation in which my team, Trailblazers, has put more effort than any other presentation.

This great presentation cannot happen without any preparation. Trailblazers prepared a lot for this presentation. There are countless times that we met to discuss about our project proposal and to practice together to make the presentation consistently without any brake, and to provide each other’s feedback. These meetings help me a lot during the real presentation as it makes me feel more comfortable to speak in front of other people.

Why did I say that this is one of the best presentations? The reason is that we, Trailblazers, are able to use all of our energy in the presentation, to show our belief in our proposal, to be able to engage and deliver our contents to our audience. Our slides also accompany well with our styles as we would love the audience to focus on us and be less dependent on the slides and we wanted our presentation to be more like talking rather than formal presenting.

Everything in our presentation seems good; however, there are some rooms for us to improve. I did my best to engage the audience by asking questions and put as much energy as I could, which is one of my strengths. I thought my method was correct; however, after receiving feedback, I realized that some kinds of questions should not be asked as they may be considered rude and they may be unnecessary to do so. Therefore, in the next presentation, I will think more about the outcome of each action. Another improvement I can make is to improve my pronunciation and my own accent, which I am now trying to work on. With better pronunciation, I believe that people will understand more when I do the presentation!

Although the oral presentation has ended and I do not have to present any more in ES2007S, I would like to continue improving my presentation skill as it is both necessary in life and fun! Should you have more feedbacks about my presentation, please let me know! J

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jae,

    Your group has indeed done a good job presenting your proposal. I could also see the passion that you all had in your topic, which was important when you are convincing your audience to buy your idea.

    After seeing your presentations during OP, mock presentation and peer teaching, I think that you are naturally able to exhibited a high level of enthusiasm during presentations. This is one of your strengths that will set yourself apart from other presenters. Hence, use it to your advantage in your future presentations!

    Cheers,
    Jestina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jestina. :)

      I will be enthusiastic when presenting. Today, I have got another presentation and I hope that I can use it effectively.

      Delete
  2. Hey Jae,

    I should congratulate youj on a job well done! You were great during the presentations. You are a natural speaker. I just can;t help but admire the level of your energy and enthusiasm. I hope I had that! I know how much effort you put behind this whole proposal. You were really passionate and dedicated about this proposal and that showed through during the presentation. You even made an awesome logo for our team! If that isn't proof of your enthusiasm, I don't know what is.

    About not asking appropriate questions, I guess that's a forgivable mistake because there weren't any real authoratative figures present there. I am sure if Amy Ho was really present there you would never have asked her something like that.

    Anyway, again thanks for being a wonderful team mate and delivering such a good performance!

    Best of luck for the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hasan,

      Thank you for your comment and your useful feedback.

      Sometimes I think that I put too much energy as you can see from the video that I moved too much that I looked as if I was dancing!

      Anyway, thanks again for working with us. It was really enjoyable time.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ramon,

    Let me begin by saying that it was a fabulous idea to post a video of your presentation here. It really helped me to recall your presentation. Secondly, you have written a great post about your views on the presentation, and I appreciate your honesty in explaining your weaknesses.

    I think you were a great speaker, and brought energy to the presentation. I liked your idea of asking questions to the audience to keep them engaged in your presentation. You were confident throughout, and spoke very naturally. It definitely did not seem like you had memorized your presentation. Although you did have an accent, I could understand your words clearly because you had the right pace of speech. I am sure I can learn a lot from your presentation skills.

    Cheers,

    Nirav

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nirav,

      Thank you for your comment and your feedback.

      I still have to improve a lot on the presentation skill. The pace was too fast as you can see from the video. Although there was plenty of time, I presented as if time were running out.

      I also have to learn from you a lot. You presented clearly, and calmly, making audience feel comfortable to listen to your presentation. Please guide me for a better presentation in the future! :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Ramon,

    To be frank, I am floored by your abilities. You are such a natural and enthusiastic speaker. I hear you in amazement and just keep wondering how you manage to bring this kind of energy. I liked your presentation because I could see you love your content and believe in it. This inspired me to hear it too. I also feel you have a certain kind of charisma or charm that draws your listeners towards you. I also find your speech very cute and entertaining. Keep up the good work.

    You did a great job in the mock OP and an even better job for the final presentation. Trailblazers were the last to go, and I must say they ended in style! Thank you for the unconventional slides and great ideas.

    Wish you all the best for any other presentations. Ace them!

    Thanks,
    Aditi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aditi,

      You complimented me too much! I am not that great. It is true that I have energy but sometimes I put too much. As you can see from the video, I did not stand still but move more than necessary, which may distract the audience. I also rushed my presentation as if I were running out of time! However, you did so great in your presentation. Although you speak very fast, your pace became slower when you presented, making the audience easy to follow you. Together with your advanced communication skill, your presentation was perfect! :D

      I wish that I could learn more from you. I am looking forward to your next presentation!

      Delete